What is a Chamber? A chamber of commerce, or board of trade, is a form of business network, for example, a local organisation of businesses whose goal is to further the interests of businesses. Business owners in towns and cities form these local societies to advocate on behalf of the business community. Local businesses are members, and they elect a board of directors or executive council to set policy for the chamber.
Our Chamber is comprised of around 400 local businesses who invest in our work. Each year a Board of Directors is elected to govern and lead our efforts. We have a number of committees that get our work done, and provide a direct connection to our members.
- Executive: Sets agendas & responds to community issues
- Membership: Develops services & lead our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work.
- Events: Organizes fundraisers, tournaments and celebrations
- Ambassadors: Connects with our community via ribbon cuttings that highlight new businesses, milestones and other notable moments.
- Business Education & Advocacy: